Every network marketing leader knows the important role personal growth plays in our business success. Yet, how do we convey this to our team members, and even to our prospects?
What if we could help them see this in a way they really got it? Wouldn’t they be more motivated to read and develop themselves? And wouldn’t we all benefit in the process?
A few weeks ago we were fortunate to attend an incredible event where network marketing leader Mike Sims touched upon this topic.
Mike has been a network marketing professional for over 16 years. He has earned more than ten million dollars in his network marketing career, but more importantly, he has taught others to do the same. I tell you this so you can trust he knows what he’s talking about.
Here are some of our takeaways from what Mike shared about the importance of personal development to succeed in our businesses.
- You must grow every day in every aspect of our lives—or you’re “dying.”
- If you don’t work on yourself, I highly encourage you to find something else to do, because network marketing isn’t for you.
- Change is inevitable. Growth must be intentional. In order for us to get to our next level, we need to be consistently growing through personal development.
- You can’t just do personal development, you must become it!
- You can’t sell a dream if you look like a nightmare.
- Don’t treat your body and mind like trash cans; watch what you throw in there. Work on yourself both physically and mentally.
- Negativity will infect your business. Stay positive at all times.
Here are 5 questions Mike asks himself every day:
- What is your Why?
- What is your IQ (I QUIT) level? If you have an answer above zero, refer back to #1. You need to have a WHY so huge that nothing will stop you from achieving your dreams.
- Who do I need to associate myself with to reach my goal?
- What am I willing to sacrifice today?
- Who is counting on me?
To top it off, here is perhaps THE most important lesson we learned from Mike:
In network marketing, inspiration, gratitude, positivity, skill, or personal development is worth nothing if you are not taking action!
Shanda De Costa and her husband Lawrence De Costa III are proud parents of four. Top income earners and a power couple in their network marketing company, they have helped many others generate six-figure incomes.