In preparing our Sep/Oct 2016 issue we invited Millennial network marketing leaders to share their insights on our topic “Reinventing Network Marketing for the Next Generation.”
Last week, we shared Rising Star Luke Hessler’s views about doing business “the Millennial way.”
This week, we’re excited to bring you a new video by Luke’s mentor Rob Sperry. Debunking the myth that Millennials are entitled, lazy, and can’t commit, Rob explains why Millennials are the most misunderstood generation.
Below are some key points Rob makes in his video.
Facts about Millennials:
- By 2020 Millennials, also known as Gen Y, will be 50 percent of the workforce. By 2025 they will be 75 percent.
- They are no longer the future, they are here. You better start figuring them out if you want to attract them to your biz.
- Companies that are treating this generation as merely a niche market or an after-thought are going to be left behind.
- They are the most giving generation: they donate more than baby boomers and Gen-Xers.
- They see themselves as authentic and unwilling to compromise on their personal or family values.
- They want to contribute to making the world better and be part of something bigger.
- They are often more coachable and eager to learn than older generations.
- They want to feel appreciated and crave personal recognition (over financial profit).
- Lifestyle is more important than accumulating wealth
- If you focus on personal development, community, and a bigger cause, they will be loyal.
Rob Sperry has been a dynamic network marketing leader for over 10 years. He is a master at creating systems to help anyone succeed. He loves empowering people to become better than they ever thought they could be. Follow him on periscope at roblsperry.