I went to my first “retreat” at age 40 … 21 years ago. It was a 9-day intensive with 30 other people, none of whom I had ever met before. We slept in little huts and ate cafeteria style. During the first 48 hours, we were asked to not speak, not to each other or anyone else. We visited a graveyard and imagined our funerals. We beat a pillow with a plastic baseball bat. There was no email, Internet, TV, cell phones or Facebook.
That session was called The Quadrinity Process by the Hoffman Institute. I invested 9 days and maybe $4,000 (1990 dollars) and have probably converted it into $4 million and 9 years of “LIFE.” The Quadrinity Process was the most significant experience I’ve had so far in transformational development. I’ve done a lot of other similar retreat-type work, but none of it had the same impact
In 1995 I started leading retreats with a specific style and process. Outdoor adventures, play, and courage-anchoring events became my theme. We worked for a few hours, and then did something extraordinary for a few hours, like parasailing, snowmobiling, paintball, jet skiing, ATVing, Harley riding, or hot air ballooning. And we always ended with a fire walk – of course, inspired by Tony Robbins.
Today Bliss Business conducts Women’s, Men’s, and Couples 5-day retreats in Carmel, California; Coeur d’Alene, Idaho; or Lanai, Hawaii. Here is what you can expect to experience:
1. Bond for life with a group of strangers that, by the end of day one, feel more like best friends … friends that forever will have your back and be there for you in joy and sorrow.
2. Discover through “The Conversation” where your fears and limiting beliefs are anchored, what the childhood story is that you made up about yourself. And you’ll be gifted a new story, from which you can play life full out … for the rest of your life.
3. You will learn the art of Being Present and the power it offers your relationships.You will learn the art of Being Present and the power it offers your relationships. Click To Tweet
4. You will experience your own leadership and communication style and how others receive it.Experience your own leadership and communication style and learn how others receive it. Click To Tweet
5. You will learn about money and how your attitude around it is leading to your wealth or dependency.Learn about money & how your attitude around it leads to your wealth or dependency. Click To Tweet
And you will do all this without sleeping in a tent or a hut, but rather, in the lap of luxury … a virtual billionaire’s playground: gourmet healthy food, fresh air, and plenty of recreational opportunities, from a beautiful gym to hiking and swimming. We even have Internet!
Here is what a few people have said about attending a Bliss Leadership Retreat:
“The Retreat was amazing. I came home feeling connected to a greater purpose, gratitude for new friendships, and clarity around my role as a leader. While the ultimate value of the Retreat continues to unfold daily, I came home renewed. I started paying attention to my core values again, bringing those to the forefront of my vision. What a difference that has made!! Being with this incredible group of like-minded leaders was deeply refreshing and life-changing. The connection we formed as a team will last a lifetime. I am forever grateful. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who is seeking an even deeper journey on this path of personal and professional growth.”
– Lory Muirhead (Phoenix, AZ)
“I had some major hurdles to work through and a lot of pain. I am really noticing my fears and mistrust, noticing them when they come up and moving on. A powerful transformation is happening for me right now. I’m much more calm and centered. Thank you Richard and Kimmy!”
– Jose Caballero (Laguna Beach, CA)
“The experiences from that week profoundly impacted the way I’ve been able to press on. It was a true gift to be there and one that keeps on giving. Thank you, Kimmy and Richard Brooke for all of your wisdom and generosity.”
– Kellie Jones Rogers (Mesa, AZ)
Regardless of what you do or where you go, I encourage you to invest in YOU. There are lots of extraordinary growth opportunities out there. Your beliefs, attitudes, skills and habits are your greatest leverage for wealth and happiness. It is not what you do, but who you ARE as you do it, that makes for greatness. If you are in business for yourself and you play full out in the experience, you should expect a 10-100-fold return on your investment in the next 4-5 years.Regardless of what you do or where you go, I encourage you to invest in YOU. Click To Tweet Your beliefs, attitudes, skills and habits are your greatest leverage for wealth and happiness. Click To Tweet
RICHARD & KIMMY BROOKE share a vision to educate and promote ethical Network Marketing through their coaching and leadership company, Bliss Business. Together, they are helping tens of thousands of network marketers leave the profession better than they found it. Read their Networking Times interview here.