Contributor: Jackie Ulmer
Sometimes people ask me, “Why do I need a blog? I’m a network marketer and I have a company website already.” A blog can set you apart tremendously as a marketer, a go-to resource, and a leader in your company/business.
While many of us are busy on Facebook creating notes, shooting YouTube videos, and more, a blog is the center piece of all of your marketing efforts. This is the place you want to bring people back to in order to do business.
Social media was not created for advertising, yet we know business takes place and certainly leads and prospects are generated there. So, how do we move people into business mode? Through your blog, where you showcase yourself and your commitment to your business.
Your blog is your most valuable piece of online real estate because, let’s face it, you don’t own your Facebook page or your YouTube channel. Putting all your eggs in that basket can be dangerous, if a site should suddenly change its rules!
Plus, social sites are designed for meeting people, building relationships, and connecting with prospects—not for selling and pitching! Here are 5 things your blog can do for you:
1. Expand your credibility. Being known as an “expert” in your field is not about knowing everything, but rather just slightly more than your prospect.
2. Define Leadership. Just like expanding credibility, your blog can define your role as a leader through the content and real-life experiences you share in your writings. Allow your prospects to see your business from the inside when you share what you do day to day, week to week, month to month.
3. Generate online leads at random. People go online looking for all different things in the search engines. Each of your blog posts acts as its own mini website and can generate traffic and interested prospects through the search engines.
4. Create a learning environment before they sign up. Most network marketers focus solely on getting the sign-up. Imagine training your prospect before they sign up and setting their expectations for the business. This can create a new team partner who gets out of the gate at a rapid speed.
5. Get Google Love. Google loves fresh content and a site/blog that is relevant. You can move your site up in Google very naturally by being consistent and thoughtful in your blogging strategy.
Blogging is a great way to generate qualified leads and tie in all your other online and offline activities. When done right, it is a natural extension of your offline activities and a great way to attract and keep the perfect audience for your business! Check out my bestselling program Blogging for MLM Profits for more help and ideas.
Jackie Ulmer is a hugely successful internet marketer, coach and network marketing trainer who built her business almost entirely through her online presence. A work-at-home mom for the last 19 years and a six-figure income earner for the past decade Jackie has overcome numerous struggles in her personal journey to become a success story for an industry she is passionate about.